Monday, September 23, 2013

Hello Autumn!



Happy 1st official week of Autumn!  Living in FL, I am so anxious for some cooler temps and all the fun that Fall brings!  I just love this time of year!

Here's my list of fall goodness:

I can actually go ahead and cross off a few things!  We went to an apple orchard while back in NC over Labor Day week and enjoyed the yummy cider and doughnuts!  Since then I think I have officially been addicted to anything apple!  For my friends in NC, you should definitely check out Sky Top Orchard in Flat Rock.  It's beautiful and makes for a great day trip!  Check them out on facebook for more info:  https://www.facebook.com/skytoporchard  Picking your apples off the tree is way better than at Publix;)



I have also already made my fall wreath:



This was my 1st attempt at making burlap roses so I was a bit worried.  It ended up turning out pretty cute and was super cheap to make.  I picked up the grapevine wreath at Michaels for $2 along with the wooden pumpkin and owl for $.25 and the leaf/berry stem for $1.  I had rolls of burlap from other projects along with the wooden "P" that was painted white already and used in one of our wedding showers.  I chalk painted the owl and pumpkin plaques and added some orange polka dots to the "P" and followed this tutorial for the roses:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m3R9swkB6I.  I honestly don't like to follow directions so once I got the main idea of how to create these beauties, I kinda winged it;)  I will say that using a wired burlap that you can get in a spool makes this easier, which I realized on my last rose with the orange chevron burlap ribbon I had. Go figure!

Here is also a pic of our fall mantle that I love too!  The bunting was a wedding gift that included a copy of our wedding invitation wording/silhouettes in the middle:)  I love that it's in the shades of Fall as this time is the perfect time of year to reflect and be thankful for marriage! Btw, 2 weeks from today is our 1st anniversary!  

I am loving the smell of pumpkin and spice that those candles are bringing!  I have added a few other random decorations and have almost finished the outdoor space too.  I will save for another post!


Lastly, I am making good progress with drinking pumpkin coffee everyday!  I frequent Starbucks and Dunkin too much and have even bought my own pumpkin flavored coffee for home.  It just starts off the day feeling festive, cozy, & delicious!


What's some of your Fall faves?  Wishing everyone a Happy Fall filled with family, friends, new and old traditions, sprinkled with love!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mint Chevron background