Monday, May 20, 2013

Weekend at Home Sweet Home!

For the last couple of months, we have had company or traveled on the weekends so this past was a nice one at HOME SWEET HOME!


Last April when we 1st moved in!!




Friday night Jeff and I went to the movies to see "The Great Gatsby".  Being rushed getting there from work, we picked up a sandwich from Panera to share during the flick.  Obviously that's not permitted by the Cinema but there is a lot you can hide in a big purse;)  We also grabbed a nacho and coke combo and were good to go!  I was definitely engaged the whole time and loved the movie!  Loved the Romance, Gatsby parties and glam, and the beautiful cast!  If only Daisy wouldn't have been a beautiful little fool;)!  Here's a sneak peek if you haven't had a chance to see it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJCz3lMa4Xw&list=PL0D4742FA53C9F23F

Saturday I spent the morning admiring our new storm door that was put up Thursday while I was out of town.  We really needed it to brighten up the front of the house and let some natural light in!  I also put together a new chair for outside.  I will post house updates soon. The rest of the day I was pretty useless and enjoyed being a lazy bum with the cats and Jeff;)

Then Sunday rolled around and I had made a goal to run from our house through downtown over to Vilano Beach, so as soon as my feet hit the floor, I got dressed in my running gear!  I wasn't exactly sure the distance since I had never ran that way before but Jeff had told me to just call him when I got there and he would pick me up.  I headed out and felt good, besides the crazy humidity at 8:30 in the morning!  With no agenda and the sun shining, it was a perfect run through our beautiful St. Augustine.  Along the way I passed the lighthouse, crossed the Bridge of Lions into downtown, ran along the bay into Uptown, passed the Fountain of Youth, and lastly crossed the Vilano Bridge over to the beach.  Once I was finished, I made a pit stop in Publix to grab a chocolate milk to re-hydrate and wait for the hubby to scoop me up.  It ended up being 8 miles and will now be a weekend tradition! It's easy to run when you have good scenery!  Yes, I stop along the way to take pics to share.....




Is anyone running the Vilano Bridge 5K in a couple weeks?  I am signed up and excited about it!

When Jeff picked me up we headed to YardBird downtown for breakfast!  Good stuff and love the quaint cute lil spot!  We then made a Home Depot run to pick out new exterior lights and look at grills.  Will hopefully snatch one during the Memorial Day sales this weekend!!

To wrap up the day, we headed over to the pier for the Taste of St. Augustine Beach.  Local restaurants from the island were there including: Amici's, Beach Garden, Café Eleven, Coquina Beachside, Mango Mango's, Napoli's. Panama Hatties, Paula's Beachside Grill, Purple Olive, Red Frog & McToads, Salt Life Food Shack, South Beach Grill, and Sunset Grille.  We honestly aren't regulars at any of these spots but we enjoy going to get a sneak peek of what they have to offer.  We "tasted" Purple Olive's Beef Empanada and their Blackened Scallop over potatoes and spinach.  Both were d'lish!  For round 2 of our tasting, I chose Mango Mango's Corn Cakes topped with pulled pork and Jeff had Panama Hattie's Artichoke dip. I enjoyed mine a lot and thought the dip was mediocre.  For desert, we split a "Hot Blonde" from Salt Life Food Shack.  It was very good and we are happy to report they are opening their restaurant directly across from the pier this fall!!! We didn't hang around to see who won any "Best of the Beach" awards but enjoyed our samplings and a nice night out by the pier! 




Hope you all have a Sunny week!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Lol;) you're in Chicago, right? I always want to run along the lake when I visit but usually work doesn't allow:(

      Delete

Mint Chevron background